You are invited to join our website.
Breast implants cost
Overall breast implants cost averages between $4,000 to $10,000 per procedure, according to our research. It is very important to find out if the procedure is covered by your insurance company. In addition to collecting information from your health insurance company, you should also ask your plastic surgeon to provide breast implants price information such as:
- What are the costs of getting breast implants - the implants price, the anesthesia, the surgery, etc.?
- What are the costs of follow-up visits?
- What are the costs of detecting or treating a complication, especially treatment that involves a reoperation, for example implant removal with or without replacement?
- What is the specific implant manufacturer warranty for the implants that you plan to use?
- What else, in his oppinion, will contribute to the overall augmentation cost?
The cost of the breast augmentation surgery is a combination of many components:
- surgeons fee - The surgeons fee includes the operation itself and the office appointments to follow. Your surgeon will see you a number of times after the breast augmentation surgery or breast lift surgery to make sure everything is OK. The last appointment is usually scheduled one year after the surgery.
- implants' cost - Implants vary in prices. Silicone gel implants are more expensive than saline implants. Also, implants with separate saline and silicone compartments cost more to produce. Your doctor will tell you if any of these more expensive implant types is the right choice for you.
- operating room fee - This fee is often paid directly to the facility if your breast augmentation surgeon uses hospital or a surgical center. Please be aware that a surgeon running his or her own operating room may give you a better price but may also be tempted to ... cut corners and sacrifice your safety. This is not a rule, just a possibility.
- anesthesia fee - Some plastic surgeons limit costs by using anesthetist instead of an anesthesiologist. Ideally, anesthesia should be administered by a board certified anesthesiologist or certified registered nurse anesthetist.
For billing purposes implants cost is often included in your surgeons fee and the anesthesia fee in your operating room fee.
Your choice a surgeon should be based on credentials, not on the price. Usually you get what you pay for... Of course higher breast augmentation price does not guarantee better results.